Professionally-Bitter.

"I have to go somewhere and I don't think I can come back." - driver

"I get what I deserve...
but being old and alone doesn't sound fun.
So I guess we are at a crossroads."
He was talking to his reflection.
the lines of middle age and scars that bleed easy.
The broken dreams that hope left him years ago.
"I fucked more women that I didn't care about.
then I care to remember."
What are you trying to talk yourself into?
He picks up the phone and cancels on a date.
then sits in the dark with music playing.
One of his early bands
     back when
        he thought he had something to offer
          the world.
"in Japan, they hold funerals for dolls
  with monks praying...
   before they can throw them away."
He sips his beer.
"It's almost like I was never here."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)