Tender as sanity. Dedicated to jim dodge, no one does you justice.

 
“Let's get really fucked up and full of sentimental despair and then finally decide life,
                        despite every heartbreak and anguished cry, is worth each pulse and breath.”
                             ― Jim Dodge

You have taught me so much...
            but I hide these truths from others.
Not because I am selfish but because as Mary Poppins would say
           "a spoonful of sugar, helps the medicine go down."
However, in my case, the truth is as sour as a green-apple or a kiss after sex.
            I may be the shadow of the light that I seek, but I only paraphrase you out of respect.
You have taught me so much...
            still, I have so much to learn.
An economy of style with the public domain honest to goodness moral truth. 
             With a desire for my life to be as much of a poem as what I decide to put down on paper.

I have a hard time writing this because most of what you have said in casual circumstances
              Is the good news that those born again Bible smacking,
                               "he gave me grace, so I slap him in the face."
"Christians" could not comprehend.
              Tender as sanity, but we won't go down without a fight.
When the time has come, I will join in the chorus of a hymn in memory of a dream.
              That the whimpering of the prophecy was a mistake.
              and we will avenge out broken spirits by shattering the iron maiden we call
         "the cycle of birth and death."
              They will fear our battle cry, the golden oldies that we scream
              but still tender as sanity with our broken dreams...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)