In the flicker of the womb.

 
Distant in the green
             of a filter, I have chosen.
In the flicker of the womb beneath the sheets...
             I feel something tighten and take a hold
I adore and am taken by the stream
             Spoiled by tenderness to blunt to feel shame
as if it is time to settle something.
             "I will never forfeit," I say as you forgive my naivete.
"do it as much as you want..."  you whisper,
            your face sideways on a pillow.
In the flicker of the womb,
  til we forget who we are.
In the flicker of the womb,
  till we share each other scars...
In the lowlands south of the milky way
                                  Beneath the sheets, we tremble and pray.
infinite and finite as the universe
  unsure of who to thank, but grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)