Character flaws beneath the light of sara.


       "I prefer my crazies childish and well supervised."
   - Robert Christgau

I promise not to talk about my feelings for you.
 I will apologize for how much I stare.
With the hope that I may be allowed to see you still.
 I am sorry for my character flaws
in light of the things that we don't share.
Despite how much you have helped me...
      the different way you care.
Unsure of if I am ill or confronting what
            shouldn't be diagnosed.
Or just stepping in your glue.
  You have the keys to the sideshow.
I am happy on display next to the pickled punks...
the audience steps on popcorn needing to be
                                      swept away.
I see your smile through the formaldehyde and in your glow
    I can see you feel sorry for the litter's runt.
For the the warmth your life gives me I am happy I
                                  was sold to the company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)