Peak tragedy.

For all I have found distant in the mirage

Vertigo stares back defiantly

Remembering when I was to bold

When I thought I loved you sufficiently 


As the retort of some prior instigation 

walks in and slaps me on my face

I feel an echo ripple through the stars

the world is hard and reminds me of my place


yet stand not amazed in his grace

yet stand not amazed in the comparison

for the language is old and the burden great

from former souls to new lessons


from simplicity of radio songs

to the complexity of the new aeon

he whispers would you love me

before we laugh at the peak of tragedy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)