compassion in failure

Yoko taro games speak to me. Nier and nier automata are two of my favorite works of art in any media. This blog post will not be about the games or the man so much as on some of the ideas they have inspired in me.

"He who see's the teaching see's me. And he who see's me see's the teaching." The Buddha.

Compassion should be cultivated. Compassion should be clung to.
"Love your neighbor as you love yourself" said the Christ. 

Yet we live in a world of opposition and hostility. We live in a world of impermanence and death. There is tragedy to how much we must suffer on such a primitive level. On how much we must look before we ever see the light. 

I am anxious and I am afraid but deep down I know that is alright. Deep down I know looking at the fear and telling it you are safe to be afraid I won't judge you anymore. The fear becomes comfortable but not numb to its self.

"I have been wounded by the joy of the world and I have been longing to attain peace." The Buddha

The Buddha failed at his first effort at a sermon. On his first opportunity to teach his enlightenment he failed but that was ok. Because the foundation of his enlightenment was to sit with whatever or whomever comes his way. Not to renounce the world but to live with it and whatever it brings. 

Always show compassion in every cringe fail to yourself and others. Even if you laugh, do your best to let it pass. Don't cling to your failures or others. We are all capable of change and repentance. We are all capable loss and pain and we all are also capable of putting on blinders to not see that. Boundries have there place and all things in there season. But understanding that through empathy we can feel more then we signed up for. We can feel suffering that isn't ours. We can also sit with it and know that is is alright. 

No this does not have much to do with Yoko Taro. But I still find that if you have played his games the themes lead to these kind of conclusions not in direct knowledge but a type of wisdom that feeds our soul like a plant taking nourishment from the rain.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)