on delusions and damnation


 

"I am hope" - Dream the eternal.

 

In the dark, I sit trying to stop thinking my mind has gone as far as it can in this direction, and I am doing my best.

 

For whoever cares enough to read this, my mind is snapping, repeating, obsessing, and I am doing my best.

 

My heart is broken because I have to continue changing. Yet, I can't see the light at the end of this tunnel that has been so long. I am tired, but I have to keep going, even if it is just a compulsion. I don't deserve good things in my life. I don't deserve anything. Luckily it does not matter.

 

Yet, I was still fighting off the compulsion to dwell in apathy when I saw hope in my reflection. I couldn't recognize my face: my balding head, the grey beard. I just saw a tired old man looking back at me. There is not much left, and what there is will be forgotten—the devils hiding off in the windows down the corridors of my mind. I know what they want, and I do my best to deny them. The compulsions have reduced me to an algorithm, a process of cyphering information without much of an identity. I find that my prose works suffer from repetition and dryness, and I think it is my lack of education clinging to rules that are clogging the process.

 

I want to move away from third-person omniscient. But am afraid to indulge in a pure stream of consciousness. If only because I am insane.

 

I am confused and know it. I am frustrated because I am tired. I am doing my best.

 

There is always something sinister underneath.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)