Naked Raygun; because fuck you that's why!

   The brutal nature of life is acceptable as long as we have the illusion of strength that is held by all citizens. The illusion is why I post a blog even though I keep forgetting the difference between there and their. Or that my blogs tend to lack a focus of any kind in all honesty. Just the ramblings of a paranoid-schizophrenic who loves rock n' roll and is grateful for his medicine and the time he has had to listen too some truly great bands. Even if I am self educated and can't construct a proper paragraph, do not let that get in the way of my honest and faithful love of Naked Raygun. My favorite of the traditional post-hardcore bands and possibly the greatest band from Chicago. The albums Throb Throb and Jettison are among my favorite records of all time. Both are melodic with a undeniable physical power from the driving psychosis of the great guitarist John Haggerty and the ridiculously powerful vocals of Jeff Pezzati. These two forces make for some of the most visceral music to ever be recorded. From the surf punk of rat patrol to anti-anthem of only in America the band takes no prisoners and offer no weakness even when it makes them seem like bullies and sexists but that is part of the charm of hardcore isn't it?


I use to listen too Throb Throb on repeat as I pulled in the carts at Kroger's getting more revved up at the fact that even the "rebels" and the "punks" are conservative in Tennessee and there is nothing wrong with that because Naked Raygun is made up of Fascist's as-well so there is nothings holding you guys back from enjoying this, but alas so is the way of life.  But I still get revved up at the irrational power of Leeches or Managua I mean holy shit the only way I can describe this bands sound is by saying imagine Big Black mixed with the Misfits and you can kind get an idea. I mean they have a gift for an anthem and abuse the fuck out of it while never seeming like pussies. Sometimes I just don't think it's fair to have so much good music on one disc then I remember the words of the great man James Edward Raggi the IV..."because fuck you that's why!"

Save

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)