It can only mean the end of the world ahead.

Frogs or dirty old toads line the forest with rainbows on their backs. An angel walked over the world, and his gold skin and flames for hair are only a glimpse of what I thought capable to dream.  My young friend's pretty eyes and fair Hare like an angels skin walks his dog over the blacktop though nothing is ever what it seems.

   The asylum was not kind to me, "we will strap you down and shoot you up on meds!" I was told. Though an anonymous phone call spared me more than I deserved. Sleeping in the grass, freshly mowed, and sticking to my clothes. They drove me in a prison cell over the interstate. My steel box was bouncing me around in handcuffs without a seatbelt.

   Symbols have a way of getting away...walking over the world or down the aisle of some other man's wedding. Still, they have a purpose because safety is always a concern. "Maybe he will be tempted? Make him go to the cafeteria?" I started to laugh, " you had to say it...tempted." I was fasting to be rid of these devils, yet they are here and always have a position of power.

   Blood diamond, a ten-pound scab. What will I trade you for? The world doesn't want you, so you belong to me. The saddest thing is not always obvious. The saddest things are secrets shared in whispers. "They were only mean to you because everyone else was." Another easter without the second coming...what if it was a mistake?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)