I love you Tim Rogers; or, what if Oedipus was my dad.

                                            "To start with, here is a list of things I hate." -Tim Rogers.
 I based my life off a lie. but the reality is their is a new mode of expression it is irony through irony as sincerity or as it used to be called sarcasm. tim rogers was my hero who i stalked. then one day after a spree of @ mentions on twitter he @ mentioned me back, with a napalm bomb of reality, just the two letter word "hi" and i was destroyed. but the important thing here isn't that tim rogers owned me (which he did!) it is that for some reason this articulate funny man brings out the inner troll in life less losers like me in a way that is embarrassing to the species. it is like he inspires children to write a letter to Santa clause and not ask for anything. his writing is rambling indirect and sometimes a blinding light to the rest of game journalism, almost as if he is high beaming on-coming traffic just to drive them off the road. but those uninsured assholes don't deserve the pedigree they receive of judging entertainment that demands a complex reaction, even when what they are assessing is a simple entertainment. often compared to Lester Bangs, i personally think he is more a Hunter s. Thomson because he inspires unintelligent assholes rather then being one.  he is the Mario to my princess peach and i am just waiting for a day that he will come and save me from my bowser (my inner demons) so that we can have endless sequels and make lots of money. but as it stands i am a paranoid schizophrenic who struggles with his inner reality. wandering if tim will ever come through the abyss and save me. then he released video ball.
now for the more introspective part of the article. the explanation of the alternate title of "what if my dad was Oedipus". and the answer is simple tim rogers is my spiritual father and i am my fathers son. he is the man i look at and say "wow there is someone kinda like buckaroo bonzai." he doesn't rely on spell check to write and he does a good job at it. he likes words and he likes games and he gave me the vocabulary of irony as sarcasm to cope with the voices in my head. my inner demons or your external ones, depending on my frame of mind. but as it stands though he has made what he call's "my favorite game" in videoball he still hasn't said as much as he is capable of. and until he does. i like the Tracy chapman song fast car will be sitting around feeling like i could be someone, with the understanding that if i don't leave tonight then i will die this way. more important to me, is not, who is tim rogers but who is he to me. and the answer is he is my lazor shotgun wielding nomad and my fat little plumber i call on when i need my sink fixed. there are no clean answers in this world. just all these dirty dishes because unlike me he has nothing to prove.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)