on coming to terms witht the fact i am not the best thing since sliced bread.

so after being told a couple of times i was the weird al of the xylophone i thought i would try my hand at writing a parody. i spent thirty minutes working on it and decided in my moment of masochism that this would be my first song i would submit to crowd review, i don't know what i was expecting but i got what i deserved. my final score was 2.2 out of 10 and i'm not sure if i should be hurt or proud. the main criticism was that i was among the worst singers of all time. and since i made the song up while i was singing it and it was a about failing aimlessly in the eyes of indifference from strangers and unfailing love from my family that left me unable to actually judge if in any way what i was doing and still having fun. i am now forced to confront my arrogance and bad habits which is a fancy way of saying i have a bad tendency to shit on a plate and call it a burger. so since half of my posted material is improvised in under a hour and the rest is nearly five years old. what is left for me to write? have i dug a artistic grave? or have i simply accomplished what i had sat out to do which is kill time with my finger paints till the grim reaper comes to take me to my final judgment? the answer is probably yes to all three but my sarcasm and humor are in the songs and i have always been laughing at myself as much as the life i hated. but the question is now what? do i work harder and try to say something serious or do i just give up my outsider art and live off of my disability? the answer i am going to try to write a good song, whether i have done that before or not. what it is about i'm not sure nor do i know when it will be finished. but i do know, i will eventually continue. because put simply what other option do any of us have. there is no point to the mess. no rhyme nor reason only judgment!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)