My complex relationship with Kurt Cobain.

 


About ten years ago I had a psychotic break. I though I was Kurt Cobain and that my wife Courtney Love had me have a lobotomy and shipped me to east Tennessee and hired actors to pretend to be my family to punish me for having an affair the the pixies bassist Kim Deal in the early nineties.

I do not miss psychosis.

I loved nirvana growing up and still enjoy them though like the Wildhearts and Slipknot just as much.

Since I been recording my new album anyone who cared to give the demos a listen says it's uncanny how much I sound like Kurt.

 I don't find strange I have seen unplugged in new York probably over a thousand times and taught myself to sing to it. ...so it kinda makes since. 

But I hate most post grunge so did anything I could to not sound like nirvana till it donned on me after a extended sound cloud music faze I was making music consciously avoiding making what I wanted make. because I was afraid I would be the sequel to puddle of mud more than nirvana.

 I also avoided my natural way of composing melodies (symmetrical nursery rhymes) because Kurt invented the singeing music box melodies in pop music approach.

Though almost all the song on this album are in open C tuning which I go obsessed with after learning it is what Devon Townsend used it almost exclusively (except the occasional open B song).

Side note: Fact (Ocean Machine is THE GREATEST album of all time.)

I don't want to type to much just thought I would let people know I been busy working on stuff.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)