Mom! he has got a nose-bleed.


 OK so it is story time...not long stories just short and anecdotal.

 

I was playing an open mic night I was getting really into it. So I said, "alright, you assholes, this next song is called..." and then I was kicked off the stage and told not to come back. Some guy said as I walked away in shame. "is that it." I thought he was mocking me and said, "I guess so." I sat outside, trying to recover from the embarrassment, when the guy who kicked me off the stage walked up to me and said, "don't come back." I flipped him off and said, "look at that, that is for you." Here is the punchline. I was dumb enough to try again.

 

The next and last time I played an open mic night was four years ago. I borrowed a guitar and sat down to play my songs. But they didn't tighten the mic stand enough, so the whole set, every time I tried to strum, the mic would swing away out towards the audience. and come back and bounce off the guitar strings. The audience was kind, and I resented there, pity. I wanted to cry the whole time I played. I apologized to the audience saying, "I want to blame my failings on technical difficulties, but I can't."

 

I am a problematic person and not a very good artist on my best day. But I do wish I was able to connect with people. To sing one cheesy song that made up for the thousand bad ones. To sing one song that made it all OK. I wish there were a positive way to wrap up this blog post, but my story is ongoing like my failings. So since it isn't my song to sing, I will leave you with the flaming lips track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayward Bound Or: a warped piano accompanying an epic f@%king poem. (Cluster one, of five.)

On the potential distance of other worlds. (revision)